You've picked your venue. You've altered your dress. You've booked your makeup artist. You're just steps away from your perfect wedding day, & you're checking things off your list, like the boss you are & you're feeling UNSTOPPABLE!
...But how's your skin feeling?
We get it, you have a LOT on your plate. And during this busy season, we know your skin will feel the stress (& even show it, yikes!). No worries, cause we're prepared for it, & want to make sure you're taking care of your skin. We've picked our favorite products & linked them below for easy access so you can use what the artists use. Ready to make your skin glow & prepped for The Big Day? These are the products we've used & recommended for our clients:
1. Drunk Elephant Juju & Baby Pekee Bar Soap Travel Duo // This has been my go-to cleanser for multiple reasons. I get the best of both worlds; the Pekee bar gives me a gentle cleanse for daily use while the Juju bar is perfect for gentle exfoliation without being harsh on my skin. It's two products for the price of one- perfect for clients who are just starting to build their routine or want the most bang for their buck. The bars last FOREVER & come in the cutest travel case, perfect for my brides who are on the road or just want to compartmentalize their skincare products. What's important about these cleaners is that they are ph balanced, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, silicone-free, dye-free, SLS-free, & contain no essential oils). This duo is great for my clients with sensitive skin who want a mild cleanse that will bring their skin back to balance. I recommend the pekee bar for daily use & alternate between the juju bar 1-3x a week for the days you're exfoliating. Great for all skin types, & safe for sensitive skin. Use PM.
2. Makeup Eraser // The name of this product says it all. I can't tell you how much of my money has gone to eye makeup remover, cotton pads, makeup wipes, etc. When I switched over to this product, I saw money signs being added to my bank account because it replaced every makeup wipe I was just throwing away after one use. Did you know that the 3rd most wasteful product in the world is wipes? This sustainable staple uses water to activate the mini fibers in this premium polyester cloth for easy, tug-free removal of makeup. The Makeup Eraser is equivalent to 3600 makeup wipes! I use mine every day before cleansing to remove all traces of makeup as part of my double cleanse routine. I love the black version because I can throw it in the washer with my darks & doesn't show makeup stains, but they also offer different styles for my colorful gals! Great for all skin types. Use PM for makeup removal or as needed.
3. Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask // Many of us would love to be able to get a hydro-facial on the day of our wedding. But what if you could pamper your skin the night before your wedding to give you the best glow? This overnight treatment has all the ingredients to give you that instant pick-me-up glow so that when it's time for your makeup, your foundation glides on smoothly, patchy dry skin is gone, & dark spots are lighter. Think of this as your deep hydrating moisturizer that you wear during your sleep - when your skin is doing the most repairing. I loving using this product because of the blend of antioxidants & hydrators. I also love that this vegan product has no harsh chemicals & has the allure 2019 Best of Beauty Award Winner stamp. Great for all skin types, especially dry & uneven skin. Use 1-3x week.
4. Glamglow Thirstymud // This is a red carpet secret. Did you know that Glamglow was created for celebrities before their red carpet appearance? You can achieve the same glow before your walk down the aisle. Like the YTTP Dream Mask, this mask will instantly hydrate & plump the skin for an even makeup application. Glamglow is definitely one of my favorite luxury brands, but for my clients, I always recommend the travel size before committing to the full size. Great for all skin types. Use 1-3x week.
5. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask // We usually forget to pamper our lips when it comes to building a skincare routine. No one wants dry, cracked lips when you're about to share your first kiss as a married couple. Apply this the night before the wedding & let this lip mask do all the work. I love this for when I'm traveling & will even keep this in my purse for daily use. It even gives your lips that perfect, sheer rosy tint that you can use even after your wedding day! Great for all skin types. Use PM or daily for extra hydration.
6. Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment // Your wedding season can include a lot of joyous moments, but occasionally some stressful ones. It's nearly impossible to get all the way to your wedding day without at least one unexpected pimple. For fast treatment, keep a bottle of Kate Somerville's EradiKate handy. I've used this product for YEARS because I never know when a pimple or cyst might just make its appearance. When you feel a zit forming, or if you have a stubborn spot that you need to get rid of FAST, apply this with a cotton swab the night before, & you'll wake up with clear skin! The ingredients in this spot treatment target the pimple by absorbing the source of your breakout, deep in the skin, drying out the excess oil & bacteria, all while diminishing the redness. Pimples don't stand a chance! Great for all skin types & acne-prone skin. Use as needed no more than 3x week.
7. Tweezerman Mini Oval Slant and Point Combo // Don't forget about stray hairs! I personally like my eyebrows groomed & my face clean from unwanted hairs. Of all the tweezers I've purchased, these are the best. These tweezers stay sharper than most brands & are durable, thanks to the stainless steel tips. I love the combo pack because depending on the hair, I switch tweezers to give me the best results. Plus, the mini travel size is perfect for its size & price point. Great for all skin types.
Links for our recommended products are below.
Hey sister! We love creating free content for you & we're beyond blessed that we have this opportunity to serve you on your beauty journey. Making a purchase through our affiliate links may earn GS Soeur Beaute a small commission & helps us to create & share more enlightening content.
Thank you for your continued love & support!